So being Eco-friendly and sustainable looks too expensive? Takes up too much time? Doesn’t do the same job?
It can be – organic food can be double the price and also hard to find, sending you to different shops and vendors. And some more earth friendly products just don’t do the same job as they promise.
But you can change this by making products of your own, that do not take more than a couple of minutes!
Orange spray for cleaning.
Why orange for cleaning? It adds a nice freshness to the cleaning and it acts as a solvent so help remove tough stains.
How to make?
- Eat at least 2 oranges.
- Keep the peels and place them into a wide jar.
- Cover the peels with plain white vinegar
- Leave on the bench for at least one week, temperature dependant you may want to leave for longer.
- Decant into a spray bottle and use on kitchen benches, stainless steel and ovens!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Why make? Apple Cider vinegar can retail at quite a high price and it is sooooo easy to make! It contains bacteria good for your gut and adds taste to different dishes – just check out some great recipes and you will see!
How to make?
- Eat at least 3 large apples or 6 small ones.
- Place into a clean wide jar.
- Cover apple cores and peels with filtered water and cover with a cloth and rubber band.
- Leave for 7 days (temp dependant – may need longer or shorter so keep an eye on it!)
- Remember to burp every day and check apples are still covered.
- Once there is a vinegar smell, remove the cores and peels and leave to brew and use as necessary!