The theme for stories this month, as written by Australian Children’s Laureate – Morris Gleitzman, is ‘Just admit it: Stories make us honest’
Many stories that we read have an element of truth to them and perhaps ask us to question our own actions too. Here are some prompts to help you think a little bit more about the truth:
- What is the truth? Can it be different in different settings? with different characters and different times?
- Do people really like finding out the truth?
- Should characters always seek to find the truth?
- Can truth be hurtful or wonderful? Or both?
- Can you think of some stories where the character had to find out more truths about themselves before they could move on?
- Have you ever told yourself a story to help you learn or cope about the truth?
Explore the truth through some of these books:
The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS WHERE WE EXPLORE BIG ISSUES AND HOW TO BEST TALK ABOUT THEM WITH KIDS.