Where can you find treasure in storybooks? With dragons of course!
This week we found as many dragon books as we could and created a display.
Dragons can be treasures
Dragons can be the guardians of treasure
Dragons can be mysterious and dragons can be dangerous.
Dragons can be kind and dragons can be helpful.
There are so many wonderful journeys you can go on with dragons in mind. Check out some ideas we are using in the library!
- Using at least 4 books with dragons in them, compare the different roles they play in each story.
- How can a dragon be mighty yet meak. Explore this concept with examples.
- Explore the myths behind dragons and try to discover early tales of these creatures.
- What is a dragon? List as many attributes as possible.
- How did the creation of the dragon change the world of storytelling? How does the addition of a dragon change a story?
- Dragons are frightening and should not be included in any children’s story.
- Do dragons become more frightening the older we get? Discuss this question with examples.